Temporary notice for Regis students. If you need to contact me while Regis email is down: (1) If you are in a 200- or 300-level course, email me at email@example.com. (2) If you are in PH410, join our Slack and contact me there (see http://evantilton.com/ph410f19 for details, and note that you may need to use a non-Regis email to register owing to the outage).
I’m currently a faculty member in the Department of Physics & Astronomy at Regis University in Denver. My scientific research interests include:
- the intergalactic & circumgalactic media
- active galactic nuclei (AGNs)
- galaxy and galaxy cluster environments and evolution
- observational astronomy across a wide range of wavelength regimes, but especially the ultraviolet
As an educator and member of the scientific community, I also deeply care about effective STEM education that promotes equitable and inclusive access to science. My teaching therefore
- is highly interactive, collaborative, and student-centered
- is empirically motivated
- directly addresses barriers to access and social issues in the STEM community
If you would like to get in touch, I’m always happy to chat about any of these topics!